17 March 2014

royal botanical gardens | autumn flowers

The leaves have yet to start changing colour and falling to the ground, but autumn is definitely in the air around these parts.  The mornings and evenings are crisp, and I find myself reaching for a cardigan before the warmth of the day sets in, and snuggling into the blankets at night (as opposed to kicking them off in frustration because it is so. bloody. hot).  I love those in-between times of year when the onset of a new season is palpable, but I will say that I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of colder weather - not a great deal I can do about it, though (new winter clothes to ease the pain, perhaps?!).  Anyway, here are some photos from a visit to the Royal Botanical Gardens over the weekend.  I was hoping that dahlias would be in full bloom and, happily, they were.  Our time was cut short by a GIANT storm (and of course I had taken the car through a carwash that morning and had two loads of laundry on the line at home, grr), but I managed to grab a few shots before the torrential rain began ...


 All photographs © Natasha Calhoun

follow

Copyright in the content of this blog belongs to Natasha Calhoun unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.